Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update to Beta 2.0 and can not run on Server

I have recently upgraded my Web Page to use the new AJAX 2.0 beta. I have also included the November CTP. This works fine on my local PC, but when I run it on my Server, it blows up.

I had initially included all of my DLL's in the Bin folder. After reading many of the posts, I decided to install the ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPAJAXCTP.msi onto my server. No joy.

I get the following error message:

Server Errorin'/EDCC_Test' Application.------------------------Index was outside the bounds of the array. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack tracefor more information about the error and where it originatedin the code. Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identifiedusing the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.] EDCC.PageBase.curUser() +687 File_Home.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +92 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061 ------------------------Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

I am not sure where to start debugging this code. As I stated above, it works fine on my machine, but not from the server.

Can someone help point me in the correct direction? Is there a way to "Debug" the page from the server side like from within Visual Studio? Maybe allowing me to "step" through the code? Is there a way to show a more verbose error message that will point me in a better direction?

Thanks,

Bryan

PS: Before I upgraded my site to the Beta 2.0, it was running fine. (Thank goodness I had the foresite to try to install it onto a "test" site before making it live.) Big Smile

hello.

well, it looks like you're passing an index too big for an array.

to see how to get more info about the error on an asp.net, take a look at the <customerrors> element.


Hello,

I agree with Luis. I mean i'm not completely sure that by upgrading you broke something. You probably have a dropdownlist or maybe an array that isn't getting data put into it. What does your code look like? What does the data access layer look like?

Not sure of any way to actually do debugging on the server like you can in the VS2005 IDE, unless you can recreate the environment on your local machine (Database, Web Application etc.)

VS2005 Team System Developer includes the ability to do unit tests. This allows for you to actually step through your code and make sure that all of the pieces are logical and you don't have issues that would show up until you actually loaded up the website onto the server and tested.

Good luck and happy thanksgiving.

JoeWeb


Thanks all for your replies.

I figured out my problem by republishing a million times with different "Response.Write" and "Response.End" statements until I found the error.

I am developing an Intranet site, and I rely on the Windows user name to authenticate. When I created a "test" web site on my server, I had the "Allow Anonymous Logins" box checked somewhere in the properties. Once I removed this, it worked flawlessly. Jeesh, newbie mistake.

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment