Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update/Add records without postbacks

Hi i have been seriuosly stuck for 2 months on this. I have created a sample project so you can see how i have tried to relsove this problem.

Aims

Load records into a gridView

Click record in gridView

play animation, opens panel

retrieve data for clicked record

Update the record

Use same animation to create new record

Click button

play animation, opens panel

Add new data

Save data

Default.aspx - Shows how i successfully retrieve data from grid and load it in the panel

Sam.aspx - Shows how i add and edit the data, but without call backs. Click on the edit linkbutton then press the new button to open panel.

Sam2.aspx - Shows how i swap the animations between one button and the other

I don't understand your question, when you add the controls under an UpdatePanel does not hide the postbacks?


Hi Sanson,

Based on your description, I think you are sharing your experience. But I think you have missed the URL. Would you please add it ? Thanks.

Best regards,

Jonathan


I bulit a mini project that i thought i could upload with my post, but i cant. I will have to upload the example project so you guys can see it.

Sorry, I could have sworn that there was an option to upload .doc

No comments:

Post a Comment