Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updated to IE7 and have some formating error.

I had Ajax enabled website working with IE6 perfectly as soon as I updated my IE to IE7 I have problem with my formatting. All the data grids labels and text (controls) are all around. Panels are not working the same as before.

Any idea?

It's probably having to do with the fact that IE6 was horrible in terms of following the standards. If you look at your site in Firefox or Opera, it probably will look the same as in IE7. Without code, it's hard to pinpoint the problem, but you should invest some time in the various CSS sites like alistapart and csszengarden to start debugging. Also, install IE Developer Toolbar so that you can see where your objects are in the browser's view and what styles they are responding to at runtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment