Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updated to latest release - profile now broken

I just upgraded my web application to the latest release of Ajax and now the app hangs on the login. I paused the code and it is hanging on getting a profile property. I even tried creating an entierly new membership database and it still does the same thing. The Website Configuration Tool still connects to the membership database, so I know its not a problem with the users or roles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MORE INFO -

When I pause the app, it always stops on one of two lines:

The first is in a generated code file -

ReturnCType(Me.GetPropertyValue("LastName"),String)

This is what lead me to believe it is a profile issue - this generated code file has all of my profile properties in it. When I set a watch on Me.getPropertyValue("LastName"), its value is "Cannot evaluate expression because we are stopped in a place where garbage collection is impossible...etc"

If I start running and then pause again, it stops on a line that begins:

IfNotMy.User.IsInRole("Administration")

So, naturally I set a watch on My.User - which yields a value of "error: cannot obtain value"

I have NO IDEA what to do next? Anybody?

We upgraded to the latest version of the toolkit a few days ago, and now are seeing a lot of things either not working, or working sometimes and sometimes not. I almost suspect there is a problem in this version, but I cannot find the old version to go back to...

TIA,

Bill


Figured it out...had an error infinite loop going. Had nothing to do with membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment