Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updated RoundedCornersExtender

Thought I'd share an update I made to the RoundedCornersExtender. As a summary, I added support to have the corners rounded outward or not at all. In addition, you can apply a different style to each corner individually.

Details are here:http://kyle.baley.org/NewPropertiesOnTheRoundedCornersExtender.aspx

Hi Kyle,

Very nice work!

Thanks,
Ted


The corner chooser is a must for the rounded corners extender!
Can we get this into an official build?
Please put this on a to do list somewhere!

Chris


I've created work item 5611. Thanks a bunch!!

I'd like to start by saying these changes are definitely an advantage, and as a Toolkit user I'd love to see them in the official release. I have another recommendation which I am amazed no one has attempted (correct me if I'm wrong).

In my opinion, anti-aliasing techniques should be applied (perhaps as an optional setting) to remove the "Microsoft Paint" feel from the rounded edges of the control's output. I know of several JavaScript methods to apply anti-aliasing techniques, and there are several algorithms available from a simple Google search.


one million thank yous!

I would like to suggest another feature for the RoundedCornersExtender:

In some cases it would be extremly nice if it would be possible to draw only a rounded outline around a panel. Guess I have a panel with white background and a blue border - and this border should become rounded. Until now, the extender draws solid regions (means: completely filled by a color) above and below the target panel - so it is not possible to use it for creating a rounded outline.

Or should I be mistaken and itIS already possible?

Regards,

ReneMT

No comments:

Post a Comment