Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updated control KIT

I downloadedhttp://atlas.asp.net/default.aspx?tabid=47 this tool kit and I copied .dll file to my existing Atlas project and I still dont see new control like (dropshadow, roundcorners,modalpopup etc)
How to fix it?

Even when I create new application using atlast template I dont see new controls?

What dll did you copy?

It could be that you've reinstalled Atlas ... not the Atllas Control Toolkit , they are different.


I downloaded the new tool kit and than extracted and copied the bin folder from sample project to my project.

If this is wrong download what I need to dowload and from where? (Note: I already have old atlas running on my current project)


The atlas assembly is: Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll ... no update since April 6.

The latest control toolkit is: AtlasControlToolkit.dll ... and some of the samples need Microsoft.AtlasControlExtender.dll as well (like the Modal dialog sample).

Have you tried running the sample website that comes with the toolkit? If not, you should try ... it has working examples of all of the controls.

If it's a pre-existing project, you'll also need to add a new directive to your pages in order to start referencing the toolkit controls.

<%@. Register Assembly="AtlasControlToolkit" Namespace="AtlasControlToolkit" TagPrefix="atlasToolkit" %
Hope I'm not repeating myself ... but the toolkit controls are open source samples of things that you can build on top of Atlas. I don't work for Microsoft ... so know idea if these things will be rolled into the core Atlas at somepoint. But at this point the goal is clearly to seed the developer community with cool things that you can do on top of the Atlas framework, get developers to submit new controls, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment