Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Update UpdatePanel from Thread

Hi,

I am currently investigating the functionality provided by the ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel. I am trying to update the content of a label placed inside an UpdatePanel, from a seperate thread. I have a Thread.Sleep(2000) in my second thread, and nothing happens to the label after waiting 2s. If I remove the sleep command, the label do get updated. What do I need to do in order to make this work?

hello.

can you give more info on what you'tr trying to do here?


I am trying to simulate a process that takes a while to comples. This could be some kind of data-manipulation, calculations or whatever. The problem is then that I want the page to load normally, and the start a new thread. Then the thread should just show the content when is's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment